Please read the rules listed here.
Page
of 2

The PvPkits Update

11 replies
Joshb_ SERVER-MGRADMIN
LEVEL 7
The PvPKits Update

Before I start, this is how I'm going to start posting updates. Fully detailed, easy to read and understand

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CURRENT PVPKITS SERVER IS NOT REPLACED YET. ONCE WE ARE DONE WITH THE TESTING WE WILL RESET THE CURRENT PVPKITS WITH THE BETA TESTING VERSION THAT WILL TURN INTO RELEASED!

Main changes:
  • Complete Plugin Rewrite (Developed from the ground up)
  • Map-Rotation for each daily restart (map changes every day)
  • Abilities!
  • Multiple soups
  • Kit preview
  • Re-Developed Stats
  • Stats Reset
  • Many more features and fixes...

Plugin Rewrite
For the last update, I was in a rush to quickly make a plugin the will suit the server to create the new footsteps for the great new plugin. The old plugin had kits hard-coded into the plugin (not able to change via config. Which required a restart after changing kits.) There were very few features that could be changed/add to the plugin to enhance gameplay. For the past few months, I had been working diligently to develop a brand new plugin that would come with many features, and a structure to build off of for the future updates to come. This new plugin enables the community to develop their own unique ideas that could be very easy to implement. Welcome to PvPKits

Map-Rotation
The new update consists of new and revamped maps that can all be used! Each day at the daily restart (4 AM-ish Eastern Standard Time) the map will be changed to a random map for the restart. Spawns are also still randomized around the map.

Abilities!
Abilities have returned from the dead! Abilities range from speed walking items, high jumping items, throw player items, and fly items!

Multiple soups
Soups have been put back on the drawing table to see what we can do with them. We have come up with three soups that heal your hearts at different rates. Normal soup that restores 3.5 hearts. Enchanted soup that restores 5 hearts. Finally, the Super Soup that restores all hearts. Enchanted soup is unlocked at level 15, and Super soup is unlocked at level 30. However, if you purchase the soup upgrades in the upgrade shop before you unlock them to test the soups out!

Kit Preview
You are now able to view what a kit contains before you buy them. Doing '/preview <kitname/kitID>' lets you see what is inside them. You can also use your kit selector to see what is inside the kit you already have by right-clicking them.

Re-Developed Stats
The stats have been re-coded to view even more stats, and where you place in the stats. The command /top allows you to view the top kills, deaths, and KDR of players on the server. /stats as also been re-coded to tell you exactly what you need to know.

Other new features
  • Player's with killstreaks are kept when the server restarts.
  • Player's that kill players without kits get the money reward but do not get kill points.
  • You may choose a favorite kit. Doing so enables you to use /fav to quickly receive the kit.
  • Items, weapons, and armor do not break, in fact, they do not have any durability.
  • Player's do not get the respawn screen. Respawn is automatic.
  • Arrows have a 20-second lifespan to prevent lag.
  • New intelligent kit selector.
  • Player's die when they try to get back into spawn when they already left.
  • Many fixes from testing and old plugin comparing.

Update Team

You may suggest changes here: Link to forum
Hello, im Josh.
I am a Server-Manager for McOrigins :d
Follow my twitter https://twitter.com/Joshb_jb42300_ for updates and others stuffs!
Posted Jan 18, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 31, 18 by Joshb_
Informativ...
List
Undo
LEVEL 1
I really like the update! I like how the server will turn out from where it was last at, but I really like the updates!!!
✔ Legend
✔ Herobrine
✔ GOD
✘ Forum-Moderator
✘ Trial-Mod
✘ Moderator
✘ Sr.Mod

Posted Jan 25, 18
LEVEL 3
Nice job on the update, can't wait to see the new kits!
Hi! I am Cringu, a veteran of the MCOrigins Community! Feel free to ask me any questions that come across your mind.
Important Links:
Forum Rules:
Server Rules:
Rank History:
VIP>>> A rank that no longer exists, bought this during 4.0
Legend>>> I dont even know how long ago i bought this....
Herobrine>>> Sometime in 2015
God>>> Sep. 24, 2016
F-Mod>>> IDK tbh
T-Mod>>> Not yet o.o

Posted Jan 25, 18
LEVEL 11
Seems nice. Now we just need kits which are balanced, instead of a kit setup where only strafe is played. I've got high expectations.
#PerfForTMod
D9GeF3.gif
No Hax Just Lag

Posted Jan 25, 18
LEVEL 1
I agree with Perforalia, they need to do something to strafe because it's always a 'must pick.' More than 75% - 99% of the people playing in PvPKits have Strafe.
I lost a freaking bet so don't judge my name
-=========================================================-

Joined server ==> June 12, 2016 or December 12, 2015
Premium rank ==>June 20, 2016
HeroBrine rank ==>February 15, 2017

-=========================================================-
Posted Jan 25, 18
Didn't get to play it, but by the sound of it it was a great update and I look forward to this update.
Premium yes
Legend yes
HeroBrine no
GOD yes
F-Mod no
T-Mod no
Mod no
Sr.Mod no

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxDO-Inc7h-tfKTzh0qb2aw
Posted Jan 25, 18
marie MOD
LEVEL 2
ONE QUESTION

will stats be resetting because I reccomend it c;
✓User
✓T-Mod November 26th 2017
✓ Mod December 29th 2017
✗ Senior Mod

OwO
Posted Jan 25, 18
LEVEL 9
wrote:
ONE QUESTION

You were already answered in staff chat
Joined server>>May 5th, 2015
Premium>>June 4th, 2016
GOD>>September 8th, 2016
Forum Moderator>>March 5th, 2017 - January 27th, 2018
Event Helper>> May 20th, 2017 - August 11th, 2017
Posted Jan 25, 18
marie MOD
LEVEL 2
wrote:
ONE QUESTION

Thanks, I didn’t see
✓User
✓T-Mod November 26th 2017
✓ Mod December 29th 2017
✗ Senior Mod

OwO
Posted Jan 26, 18
Kappa
List
Undo
LEVEL 11
wrote:
wrote:
ONE QUESTION

Thanks, I didn’t see

Yes there will be a stat reset, for people who want to know and aren't staff. It was part of the announcement for the first donator beta test.
#PerfForTMod
D9GeF3.gif
No Hax Just Lag

Posted Jan 26, 18 · Last edited Jan 26, 18 by Perforalia
Page
of 2
ACCOUNT
Online users (2)
NoticeNotices