The PvPKits Update
Before I start, this is how I'm going to start posting updates. Fully detailed, easy to read and understand
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CURRENT PVPKITS SERVER IS NOT REPLACED YET. ONCE WE ARE DONE WITH THE TESTING WE WILL RESET THE CURRENT PVPKITS WITH THE BETA TESTING VERSION THAT WILL TURN INTO RELEASED!
- Complete Plugin Rewrite (Developed from the ground up)
- Map-Rotation for each daily restart (map changes every day)
- Multiple soups
- Kit preview
- Re-Developed Stats
- Stats Reset
- Many more features and fixes...
For the last update, I was in a rush to quickly make a plugin the will suit the server to create the new footsteps for the great new plugin. The old plugin had kits hard-coded into the plugin (not able to change via config. Which required a restart after changing kits.) There were very few features that could be changed/add to the plugin to enhance gameplay. For the past few months, I had been working diligently to develop a brand new plugin that would come with many features, and a structure to build off of for the future updates to come. This new plugin enables the community to develop their own unique ideas that could be very easy to implement. Welcome to PvPKits
The new update consists of new and revamped maps that can all be used! Each day at the daily restart (4 AM-ish Eastern Standard Time) the map will be changed to a random map for the restart. Spawns are also still randomized around the map.
Abilities have returned from the dead! Abilities range from speed walking items, high jumping items, throw player items, and fly items!
Soups have been put back on the drawing table to see what we can do with them. We have come up with three soups that heal your hearts at different rates. Normal soup that restores 3.5 hearts. Enchanted soup that restores 5 hearts. Finally, the Super Soup that restores all hearts. Enchanted soup is unlocked at level 15, and Super soup is unlocked at level 30. However, if you purchase the soup upgrades in the upgrade shop before you unlock them to test the soups out!
You are now able to view what a kit contains before you buy them. Doing '/preview <kitname/kitID>' lets you see what is inside them. You can also use your kit selector to see what is inside the kit you already have by right-clicking them.
The stats have been re-coded to view even more stats, and where you place in the stats. The command /top allows you to view the top kills, deaths, and KDR of players on the server. /stats as also been re-coded to tell you exactly what you need to know.
Other new features
- Player's with killstreaks are kept when the server restarts.
- Player's that kill players without kits get the money reward but do not get kill points.
- You may choose a favorite kit. Doing so enables you to use /fav to quickly receive the kit.
- Items, weapons, and armor do not break, in fact, they do not have any durability.
- Player's do not get the respawn screen. Respawn is automatic.
- Arrows have a 20-second lifespan to prevent lag.
- New intelligent kit selector.
- Player's die when they try to get back into spawn when they already left.
- Many fixes from testing and old plugin comparing.
- Joshb_ - Developer, Map Revamp, Tester
- ImChaos - Map Revamp, Tester, Kit Creation
- Nightreaper77 - Map Revamp, Tester, Kit Creation
- frep - Map Revamp, Tester
- Tannerr_ - Map Revamp, Tester
You may suggest changes here: Link to forum